Sunday, December 20, 2009

Advocating Revolt...

After writing so many posts and talking about the things I've learned, I cannot let this slip by and keep it to myself..

Listening to the morning shows today, I believe that Mars may have taken hold of me as it begins to retrograde. The anger I haven't felt in so long is burning deep below the surface. And it has to do with our government, our democracy which is no longer "of the people, by the people and for the people." It has become "of some of the people, by some of the people and for some of the people." And this is the tragedy.

I listened to the pundits discuss the Health Care Bill with it's watered down consistency and wanted to cry. It was obvious to both sides, Democrats and Republicans alike (Oh, my God!) that the only winners in this one are the health care companies as a direct result of the lobbies.

What is happening here? I understand that it's been going on for a while now but it is definitely getting worse, way over the top. With the majority of the American people wanting the "government option," that was the first thing to go out the window. Let's thank God that the tanning salons will be taxed 10% while plastic surgery is left alone! I realize the media throws this out there just to poke and aggravate the electorate to upset us enough to throw things at the TV.

But it's so obviously deeper than that. The populace has no say anymore in anything that goes on in Washington. Big business and big lobbies have complete control. Why do we stand for this? Why don't we revolt and take back what used to be the greatest country in the world? Why are there so many starving in the world while we fight two ridiculous wars of attrition? It's so way over the top now.

I'll tell you why: because they've got us by the (fill in word) till we can't breathe, can't fight, can't survive, can't pursue the old American dream at all. The oil lobbies, the insurance lobbies and the wall street bimbos who give not an rat's ass for we the people have it all. We are out-gunned, out-moneyed and out sourced while we cry and whine about the predicament we're in. Helpless, hopeless and horrified we watch our lives hanging by the precipice until we think we can only hold on by our fingertips!

We need to do something and that something is not write letters. We need to act. We need to march, we need to all go to the offices of our government leaders. We need to show these half-assed legislators that we mean business!

We need to say that this is how much you get to get re-elected and you will only get additional contributions from individuals. We need to blow the lobbyists and special interests out of the process. I really hate to say this but who has more guns, the people or the insurance lobby? And I'm a pacifist. Not "lets write more emails" but "lets load our own ammunition."

It all has gone beyond the pale and our survival stands at stake. I'm a veteran of Vietnam, my life is compromised by my service and my very life hangs in the balance, but I'm ready to act. What about you?

2 comments:

  1. Honestly I doubt if we will see anything change until next spring when Uranus enters Aries and even then it will take a lot of people acting together. This is a country that prides itself on being independent and self-reliant. There are many, many times I read/watch the news and despair because in my heart of hearts I feel change will come with a body count.

    We could take a few lessons from little Denmark about the rewards of cooperation . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we could, Di. We were talking about Denmark the other day. They seem so peaceful, so content. Is that thing possible here in the U.S.? It's hard to believe so..

    And about the body count, I hate to, but I agree with you. The American Revolution has to be the example, I guess, when Pluto was last where it is today, but I pray in my heart of hearts that the Christ will show up in our lives somehow and turn it all around.

    These anti-2012 people, I just don't think they get it. It's not about prophecy, not about the date but rather the reality we're living right now. Whenever before has the world been connected like it is today? Where info moves lightning fast all around the globe? When have so many been dependent on so few?

    I grieve at the news every nite but I can't help watching it! It's so much BS and just meant to scare us but it's like watching an earthquake. How can you not watch it???

    ReplyDelete